Merry Christmas from Hungry Souls! We are incredibly grateful for our donors who make our ministry possible. Keep reading for exciting updates and new ways for you to serve and contribute to our mission.
About Hungry Souls
Did you know that there are over 100,000 kids in the greater Austin area that don’t know where their next meal will come from? That’s 1 in every 5 kids. Many of these kids rely on free and reduced lunch meals at school, but they don’t have guaranteed meals over the weekends and school breaks. That’s where Hungry Souls steps in.
Our feeding program alleviates some of the pressures parents face to provide basic nutrition for their children. Reaching out and serving them with the love of Jesus is our ultimate goal.
Hungry Souls Prayer Requests:
- As always, pray for our families and the 100,000 children without guaranteed meals in Austin during this holiday season.
- Pray that in 2019 Hungry Souls can develop more corporate partnerships in order to expand awareness of our mission.
- Hungry Souls is growing the number of families in our feeding program, and because of that, we need to purchase a van to use for food deliveries. Pray that we can raise funds as soon as possible so we can reach more families in need. If you feel inclined to donate towards this cause, please click here.
Hungry Souls Year in Review:
- Hired an Executive Director
- Served 1500 meals each month
- Conducted 12 food drives
- Grew 5 times in size
- Exhibited at Spirit of Austin Fest
- Hosted our first major fundraiser “The Gathering”
We’re looking forward to 2019! Here are our plans:
- Expand to two new schools
- Hire a Volunteer Coordinator
- Expand our corporate partnerships
- Purchase a food delivery van
- Locate an office space
- We plan to quadruple in size!
Your 100% tax-deductible gift has to be received by midnight December 31st. Any donation is greatly appreciated
Sponsoring a family
You have the opportunity to sponsor a family each month. It takes just $38 for us to feed a family monthly. Your monthly donation will go directly towards fresh, nutritious meals for a local family in need. You may donate individually or partner with your friends, family, or coworkers!
Last-minute Christmas gifts with a purpose!
T-shirts and coffee mugs are a great way to raise awareness of the hunger problem in our area and spread the word of what we do to fight it. Plus, the proceeds from 1 t-shirt purchase or one tumbler can feed a family for 2 weeks!
Meet our leadership team!
Our ministry is run by a hardworking, passionate group of people who strive to fight child food insecurity in the greater Austin area.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!